ESL TEACHER IN SHENZHEN
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Working hours: 37 hours per week (Wednesday – Sunday)*. This includes office and teaching hours.
- Student age: 2-16 years old
- Class size: 16 children max. for juniors, 12 children max. for kindergarten.
- Class length: 1 hour for our younger kindergarten classes, 1.5 hours for higher kindergarten, and 2 hours for junior.
*please note that due to COVID-19 and the impact it is having on schools and businesses worldwide, our Shenzhen branches may be forced to change elements of our schedule/operations in the coming months. Please do ask about this in your interview if you’d like more information. Thank you for your understanding.
- Starting salary: 14000 – 16000 RMB per month depending on experience. CELTA holders will also receive an extra 250 RMB per month
- Housing allowance of 3500 RMB per month
- 10 days/9 nights’ accommodation in a hotel located near your branch upon arrival. This is so that you can view apartments to secure your new home
- 8000 RMB flight allowance
- Fully funded working visa
- 10 days paid personal holiday (15 in your 2nd year). Plus end of summer vacation after your Summer course, and all Chinese national holidays, Christmas Day and New Years’ Day.
- Free weekly Mandarin lessons (subject to location and numbers)
- Quarterly merit-based raise
- Free basic medical insurance
- Paid overtime
- On-going training and professional development
- Upon request, 12000 RMB interest-free start-up loan.
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- TEFL certificate or higher (completed, in the process of or willing to start it)